Friday, January 30, 2009




I made this cute little cupcake the other day from paper, ribbon, a velvet brad and flowers that we sell. I was inspired by some ladies on the CTMH bulletin board...there are no directions so I just played till something worked.


I will try to explain what I did. First I cut a large cicle about 6 inches in diameter and folded it in half about 8 times. Then I made a smaller circle of CS and put it in the center of my folded circle (as a base) then I pinched each of the folds to create a cupcake holder. I took another piece of CS as made a ring with it to liquid glass the folded of the holder to...this helps it keep its shape. The top is a pyramid with the same circular base as the bottom. I put threaded the chocolate grosgrain ribbon on our floss and then liquid glassed it around the pyramid to adhere the ribbon. I added the large flower and some ric rac for a icing look. Then the smaller flower and the velvet brad as a cherry.
I think it turned out adorable. It is not something I would teach I am not even sure how good I described it. But being a Geometry teacher it was doable. Good luck it you attempt it.

No comments: